How to delete serial numbers in inventory?

Purchasing & Inventory forum can be used to discuss all features/issues related to Oracle Purchasing & Inventory.
supratik30

How to delete serial numbers in inventory?

Post by supratik30 »

Hi Everybody...
We are creating items with serial numbers by using Miscellaneous Transaction > Miscellaneous Reciept to create Items with Serial Numbers.
Say we create 5 items, called Item X with Serial Numbers 001 , 002, 003, 004, 005...

How can I delete / end date / make them non-active all of the serial numbers from Item X 001 - Item X 005
or some of them say Item X 0003, Item X 0004 only?

Please Advice....
nfornana

Post by nfornana »

If you scroll to the right in the Inventory tabbed region, you can see "Material Status Control" block. Enable Serial Status with a default status of "Active".

After receiving the material in Inventory, we can change the status to "In-Active" for specific serial numbers under navigation OnHandAvailabilty - Serial Numbers.

Try for a new item. I am not sure, whether you can change this control, when on-hand quantity exists.

Nana
tabubakr

Post by tabubakr »

If you want to de-activate serials do as supratik30 mentioned below, but if you want to delete it as misc- transactions use mass issue from On hand availability>>on-hand>>tools>>mass issue
and approve the generated move order>> update bottom>>select Serials you need to Misc-issue it>> and transact

Try it i do it with lot-serial but didn't test it with only serialed controled items
geve it try and feed me back with result
supratik30

Post by supratik30 »

Nana..
I was looking into Material Status Control" block, but the "Material status control" option is grayed out....any ideas why?

Thanx...