PAYMENTS IN R12

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
niletra

PAYMENTS IN R12

Post by niletra »

HI CAN ANY ONE ADRESS MY QUERY
1)IF I WANT DEFINE AUTO PAYMENT VOUCHER NUMBER THEN WHATS PROCEDUREFOR IT CAN ANY ONE TELL ME IN DETAIL?

2)WE ARE USING ONLY CHECK AND CASH AS PAYMENT METHOD CAN WE BUILT SEQUNCE ON AP_CHCKS_ALL INSTEAD OF IBY_PAYMETS_ALL
AND CAN WE SPECIFY APPPLICATION AS PAYBLES INSTEAD OF PAYMETS?
Shashi_k

Post by Shashi_k »

Hi Niletra,

I believe the Payment document numbers come from the Documents defined at the bank account level for example checks which we define for bank.

Let me ask you, If you have defined any documents for you bank and if you have given checks/document numbers for it?

If not please follow the below navigation and create a new documents for you bank account with sequential number
Setup>payments>Bank Accounts
Query Bank account and click on Manage Payment Documents and then create New document or update the existed one with Document Numbers. Hopefully it should work.

Regards,
Shashi.
tinabradford

Post by tinabradford »

Hi Shashi, I have problem with payment processing, I can't save single payment because document category not appear.
I already define document sequence with category Standard Payment and already assigned to bank account that will use in Payment.
Any advice for this issue? Thanks
niletra

Post by niletra »

THANKS A LOT Shashi_k

Hi tinabradford
TRY THIS

1)WE HAVE TO DEFINE SEQUENCE.

2)THEN CREATE CATEGORY.

3)AT THE TIME OF ASSIGMENT WE HAVE TO ASSIGN IT BOTH AUTOMATIC AND MANUAL .
AUTOMATIC:THEN WE CAN CREATE VOUCHER NO AT THE TIME OF ONLY RUN THE PAYMENT REQUEST.BUT WE CAN NOT CREATE
AT THE TIME OF QUICK PAYMENT.
MANUAL:IF WE ATTACH IT TO MANUAL THEN WE CREATE THE VOUCHER NO AT THE TIME OF QICK PAYMENT ALSO.

4)WE HAVE ASSIGN THIS CATEGORY TO PAYMENT DOCUMENT.

THANKS
NILETRA .
Shashi_k

Post by Shashi_k »

Hi,

Thanks for sharing info .

regards,
Shashi.