Interest on Deposits in AR - Case Study

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
anu_uma

Interest on Deposits in AR - Case Study

Post by anu_uma »

Dear All,

Scenario is like this
We will be receiving the money as advance or booking advance from the customer based on some sales (Construction yet to start)
For. ex.. 50 Lakhs as Advance saying that we will be collecting the further dues as per the payment plan
Like start of construction 10%, within 6 months 15% etc within 6 month that is the booking date is on 5th May-200 and after one year or 2 years of time I will have the sales agreement time based on the start of construction (for ex. 25th Jun-2009 ) Till this period he will not be paying anything other than the booking advance of 50 Lakhs
now I am holding his amount for 2 yrs for which we want to give 10 or 12% interest where as these interest amount may be paid or may be adjusted with the future invoices
but the customer should know that as on 05-May-2008 he got the 10% interest

How to do it and the case may be like this

Its not necessary that the customer should pay the adv amt in one shot he can make the payment 01-may-08 10 Lakhs, 12-may-08 15 Lakhs and accordingly interests have to be calculated.

Regards,
Anu
srikanth17

Post by srikanth17 »

Hi.

i dont think u can achieve this using Oracle AR Std.Functionality but u can acheive this by customizing Std.functionality.

Regards,
Srikanth

Dear All,

Scenario is like this
We will be receiving the money as advance or booking advance from the customer based on some sales (Construction yet to start)
For. ex.. 50 Lakhs as Advance saying that we will be collecting the further dues as per the payment plan
Like start of construction 10%, within 6 months 15% etc within 6 month that is the booking date is on 5th May-200 and after one year or 2 years of time I will have the sales agreement time based on the start of construction (for ex. 25th Jun-2009 ) Till this period he will not be paying anything other than the booking advance of 50 Lakhs
now I am holding his amount for 2 yrs for which we want to give 10 or 12% interest where as these interest amount may be paid or may be adjusted with the future invoices
but the customer should know that as on 05-May-2008 he got the 10% interest

How to do it and the case may be like this

Its not necessary that the customer should pay the adv amt in one shot he can make the payment 01-may-08 10 Lakhs, 12-may-08 15 Lakhs and accordingly interests have to be calculated.

Regards,
Anu

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by anu_uma - May 25 2009 : 04:24:21 AM</div id="right"></i>
Goutamasa

Post by Goutamasa »

HI anu,

First of all, I think it will come under AP as you are paying the interest for the deposits you got from the customer. So, it comes as Interest payable and not as interest receivable.
oracleapps1983

Post by oracleapps1983 »

Is this a correct Solution. Because there is no Standard Fimctionality

For this we have to go with Customer Netting.

Regards
Oracleapps1983