Cash Account in bank definition

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
leedo

Cash Account in bank definition

Post by leedo »

Hi All

I hope this message finds you well

I need to change cash account in bank definition on payments specifically for each cost center, which means more than one account combination for these Cost Centers. But we can specify only one account while defining the bank payment document. There is no option to override these accounts. (Defining separate bank documents for each cost center is not practical).Any way to do this please?
thx for yr co-operation
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

Can you please elaborate the business requirement ?

1 Bank can have 1 Cash Account Code Combination = True

I am still not understanding the need for having more than 1 Accout code combination for 1 Bank Account.
If every cost center is making payments using different bank account, then create 3 banks with 3 diff accounts.
shaikjohnpasha

Post by shaikjohnpasha »

Hi Leedeo,

It looks like you need to define different bank accounts(Bank masters) for different cost centers to meet your requirement.

Regards,
Pasha
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi leedo

If you use R12, I think you can change the cash account by using SLA, if you don't have R12 you can use the Pasha suggesting or use the mass-allocation function in the GL to re-allocate the cash account for each cost center.

Thanks
Hisham