Mass addition Assets multiple units same asset no?

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
rangareddy.apps

Mass addition Assets multiple units same asset no?

Post by rangareddy.apps »

Hi Guru's

Can i create the mass addition Asset with 10 units on tha same asset number on the same invoice

i created one invoice with one item and one distribution line and ran the mass addition programm
in assets it is picking the one unit

i want to pick the 10units in one asset in one invoice
is that possible from payables

Thanks,
Reddy
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

If you purchase 10 units and if you match the invoice with receipt/PO for 10 quantities, then system will automatically create assets with 10 units. If you are not matching invoice with PO/Receipt, then you can modify the units during 'Prepare Mass Additions'.

Cheers,
Saravanan TG
rangareddy.apps

Without involving the purchasing module,
cant we create the asset from the mass addtions with the 10 units in a single asset.
I tried creation of Payables invoice and enterd the quantity as an 10
how to approach if i want to create an asset with 10 units in 1 asset number trough mass addition process

Thanks,
Reddy
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

Mass addition takes the quantity from 'Match Quantity' field in invoice distribution. This is actually a display only field.

The alternative method is to modify the units (in Asset Details Tab) when you perform 'Prepare Mass Additions'. After modifying the units, run post mass additions which will create asset with the modified quantity.

Cheers,
Saravanan TG
rangareddy.apps

Hi Sarvanan,

As you said i tried it

if i add all the asset in one asset number
once i ran the deprecation it is taking for the original cost

its not giving the deprecation for all the remining added assets

thanks
Reddy
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi Reddy

Try to add the total 10 units in the invoice then follow the Saravanan's way by add the 10 units in the prepare mass addition, the depreciation will get the total cost of these assets.

Thanks
Hisham
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

I am not sure what exactly you are looking for.

The depreciation will be calculated on the original amount - accumulated depreciation (Sometimes salvage amount depening on the setup).

1. The original amount is for the 10 assets, not for 1 asset.
2. If you enter 10 assets, you can enter different asset assignments (Employee, Location and Depr Expense Account) for the 10 assets.

Cheers,
Saravanan TG