How we can Link Invoice with Particular Bank

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
syedtaju_21

How we can Link Invoice with Particular Bank

Post by syedtaju_21 »

Hi,

I have a requirement when making the payment.
In my COA i have Fund segment. and example of their values are 01,02,03.....etc.

In there business process each Fund segment value havnig multiple bank accounts. i defined those accounts in CE.
Now the problem is
Ex. Of requirement:
My Invoice distribution having an expense a/c in that fund value is 02.
when i am going to make the payment system will allow only those account which are link to the fund 2.

how can i link COA to the bank accounts.

please this is urgent if any you can send me mail to syedtaju_21@yahoo.co.in
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

I could not understand your requirement fully. Please explain more details.

1. Is fund segment separate from balancing segment? What is the COA structure?
2. Bank accounts are selected even before you select/attach the invoices to a payment. How does the system know the fund segment value?

Cheers,
Saravanan
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

Let me make it simple, so that we can discuss further on this ....
For invoices, the below entry is generated
DEBIT Charge or AP Accrual Account
CREDIT AP Liability Account
For payments, the below entry is generated
DEBIT AP Liability Account
CREDIT Cash or Cash Clearing Account

Yous issue is , you want to select bank accounts which are not related to fund value 02.........
Now what makes you say that "system will allow only those account which are link to the fund 2" ?
In the payment activity, system no where refers to the Charge Account details, it only points to AP liability Account.

COA is linked to the bank accounts by assigning cash and cash clearing account during defining internal bank accounts. So that when ever the bank is selected, respective Cash clearing or Cash account is used by payables .......
syedtaju_21

Post by syedtaju_21 »

[quote]I could not understand your requirement fully. Please explain more details.

1. Is fund segment separate from balancing segment? What is the COA structure?
2. Bank accounts are selected even before you select/attach the invoices to a payment. How does the system know the fund segment value?

Cheers,
Saravanan

Hi,

1) I have 5 segments in my COA. One of them is Fund Segment and it is not balancing or nat.a/c.
1- BAL SEGMENT.
2- COST CENTR
3-NAT ACT
4-SOURCE
5-FUND

2) Fund segment values are like 01, 02, 03 etc
3) In there real time business each fund segment having multiple bank accounts. And those bank accounts are defined in CE as normal setup.

Ex:
01-SBI
02-HDFC, ICICI
03-SBH, HSBC, ABN ETC

therer is no link between Fund segment and CE bank accounts

4) For example If the Invoice distribution account segment (Standalone Invoice not receipt match Invoice) with fund value 01. It should pay with that bank a/c SBI. And the system will automatically populate the bank name while making the payment depends upon the Fund segment.
If users try to override the default account, system should not allow for making the payment.

If you are not clear let me know again. Can we do the personalization for this issue?
This is production issue
advance thanks
syedtaju_21

Post by syedtaju_21 »

One more clarification.

If user trying to pay from payment or payment manager first he has to select the bank account.
if he select the SBI bank account, system has to show only the invoices which fund segemt is 01.

regards
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

Requirement is clear now.

You can try personalization but I doubt that you can achieve this with personalization alone.

If personalization does not work out, you can try customizing both bank account LOV and Invoice number LOV to restrict the values.

Cheers,
Saravanan
syedtaju_21

Post by syedtaju_21 »

If you have any idea regarding personalization/ Customization to solve this issue can you post it or u can send it to my mail.
syedtaju_21@yahoo.co.in
Advance Thanks

[quote]Requirement is clear now.

You can try personalization but I doubt that you can achieve this with personalization alone.

If personalization does not work out, you can try customizing both bank account LOV and Invoice number LOV to restrict the values.

Cheers,
Saravanan

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by tgs100
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

There are lot of personalization documents/topics available in metalink. You may go through the documents to get an idea on personalization. If you are a functional consultant, you may contact a technical expert for personalization/customization.

Cheers,
Saravanan