set up each customer with a default subinventory.

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
redro

set up each customer with a default subinventory.

Post by redro »

Hi All,

As per my client requirement we would like to set up each customer with a default sub-inventory.

Please suggest me,

Thanks,
JP
redro

Post by redro »

Any Suggestions?
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

Dear JP,

From the Customer creation pages, i cannot figure out any field that provides Sub inventory level information ....
Also at creation of subinventory , there is no link towards the customer.
This requirement can only be customised, by using some other unused field in the customer creation page to capture the Subinventory information .....if your requirement is to only capture ..
If you are thinking of defaulting the subinventory level information upon selection of customer at Order management or some module, then level of customisation differs .... since it extends beyond one module ....

Regards,
Karthikeyan
admin

Post by admin »

JP more detailed info/requirements will be appreciated.
redro

Post by redro »

Hi karthikeyan,

Thanks for your response. As per my client They need, while booking sales order in OM, when ever they select the customer then the corresponding warehouse and that default subinventory has to be populate automatically. For this scenario what i have to do? Please suggest me.

thanks,
JP.
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi JP

I have a workaround can be used for your issue by add a 2 DFF for each customer site & these fields read all inventory & sub-inventory you defined to link each customer with inventory & sub-inventory.

Then create a package to get the default inventory & sub-inventory according to customer number

Then in the defaulting rules in the order line select the default rule for both warehouse & sub-inventory as a source type PL/SQL API & but your custom package as a sequence no1 then follow the other normal condition in the seq no2.

So when you enter the sales order the default warehouse & sub-inventory will come according to defualting rules you build.

Thanks
Hisham
redro

Post by redro »

Hi Hisham,

Thanks for your suggestion, how ever could you please drop me some scenarios on the same like documents or useful links.

Thnaks,
JP
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi redro

I think if you have a development team (write SQL) you can easy test this scenario & you can search on meta link, order management guide or web for create PL/SQL API in the OM rules.

I didn't have any documentation for my suggest but it's working now in our site.

Thanks
Hisham