manually enter the cheque numbers in payment

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
harifororacle

manually enter the cheque numbers in payment

Post by harifororacle »

Hi Guru,s

Can we enter the cheque numbers while giving the payment at payables
because clinet dont have sequence cheque numbers to enter the cheque detail information in payment documents.
Please let me know is there any process to do this in R12 version
harifororacle

Post by harifororacle »

Hi Guru's

Please help on this issue
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

Oracle E Business suite supports only 'BEST BUSINESS PRACTICES', if a customer is going to follow some unique requirement, it has to be attained through customization only.
In your instance, the standard functionality of the system, that is payables module is to populate the check numbers in sequence.
Check number sequence is decided by Banks and not by the client.
I can suggest a workaround, that is define a check book i.e. payable document with a series of check numbers assume 10001 to 10100, and use check numbers which ever you have and balance unused checks record it as spoiled or defective.
admin

Post by admin »

I am more interested to know why client having such situation?

"because clinet dont have sequence cheque numbers to enter the cheque detail information in payment documents."

as may be after knowing your client actual situation may be any workaround can be suggested. Thanks