open period in GL automatically

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
cherry

open period in GL automatically

Post by cherry »

Hi Friends

Could anyone tell me if we can open period in GL automatically, like a scheduled task?

Thanks
Cherry
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello.
You can add the Open Period program to your concurrent program request list and schedule it like any other program.

Octavio
cherry

Post by cherry »

[quote]Hello.
You can add the Open Period program to your concurrent program request list and schedule it like any other program.

Octavio

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by oteixeira
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello Cherry.

You're right. It can be scheduled but, when running, it is terminated by signal 11. This probably means that the program does not know which period to open when launched out of the form. The only parameter it has it is the SOB id, which it gets from the profile options. But the period itself it is not given anywhere...

Octavio
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

y u want to schedule open period program ? can u please explain the scenario

opening and closing period is the most critical program in APPS ...there are several task needs to be perform before opening/closing period... It is useless to schedule Open period program...
cherry

Post by cherry »

[quote]y u want to schedule open period program ? can u please explain the scenario

opening and closing period is the most critical program in APPS ...there are several task needs to be perform before opening/closing period... It is useless to schedule Open period program...

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by AmanKhan