Supplier Payment and Customer Receipt Entry

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
bharanir

Supplier Payment and Customer Receipt Entry

Post by bharanir »

Dear All,

My Client is having Six Operating Units,

Each Operating Units are entering Supplier Invoices and Customer Invoices,

But the Head Office Operating Unit should decide on which Bank the supplier payment needs to be done and on which Bank the Receipt should get deposited.

So, Each Operating Unit will enter Invoice in their own Operating unit and How do they make Payment in which Bank Account, Consider that they are entering a Dummy Bank Account.

How the Head Office Operating Unit Users, will change the Dummy Bank to corresponding Banks. How to relate it with Head Office Operating Unit and Other Operating Unit Transactions.

Can anyone give Valuable Inputs on this Please?...

Regards
Bharani.
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi Bharani

According to your scenario, I suggest that. each operating unit enter the invoices (customers - suppliers) without making any payment for them. define all bank accounts in the head office only & make the responsibility of head office using multi organization. the head office can pay these invoices according to their strategy.

Using the dummy bank account in AR/AP no problem, it can be make reverse/void for this check then re-enter according to specific roles.

Hope I can help you
Thanks
Hisham
niletra

Post by niletra »

HI
IF YOU R IN R12
SUPPOSE YOU HAVE 6 OU

1111,1121,1151,1152,1153,1141 THIS ARE BALNCING SEGMENTS

1141 IS A SUPPOSE HEAD OFFICE OK
EX:
YOUR LI9ABILITY ACCOUNT IS 1121.0000.10730109.0000.0000
AND YOUR CASH ACCOUNT IS 1141.0000.20560567.0000.0000

AT THAT TIME IF YOU DO T0HE PAYMEN FOR THE INVOICE BALANCING SEGMENT 1121
THEN FOLLOWING ACCOUNTING EVENTS HITS
1121.0000.10730109.0000.0000 DR.
1121.0000.20560567.0000.0000 CR.

SYSTEM ALLOW YOUR HEAD OFFICE USER TO DO THE PAYMENT.

FOR ALL 6 OU INVOICES AT ONCE

BUT

ACCOUNTING EVENT IS CREATED ACCRODINGLY.
bharanir

Post by bharanir »

Hi Hisham,

Thanks for your Input.

Regards
Bharani.

[quote]Hi Bharani

According to your scenario, I suggest that. each operating unit enter the invoices (customers - suppliers) without making any payment for them. define all bank accounts in the head office only & make the responsibility of head office using multi organization. the head office can pay these invoices according to their strategy.

Using the dummy bank account in AR/AP no problem, it can be make reverse/void for this check then re-enter according to specific roles.

Hope I can help you
Thanks
Hisham

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by hiszaki