Jinitiator Not Firing Up: Solution Beacon Unaccess

In this forum Oracle Applications DBA's, System Administrators & Developers can share their knowledge/issues.
dunzz2001

Jinitiator Not Firing Up: Solution Beacon Unaccess

Post by dunzz2001 »

Hi Gurus.

I'm using Windows Vista and I am unable to access the forms to do exercises in Solution Beacon. Each time I log in (no issues logging in) and then try to open any form, the website asks me to download Jinitiator (I already downloaded Jinitiator). If I try to download it, it loads and suddenly closes all the window(s) I opened. The system then returns an error message that "Internet Explorer has stopped working." I tried unblocking/disabling pop-up blocker, still no luck. I have also tried using a different web-browser, Mozilla, still I'm getting the same message.

If I log on to a different PC running XP, there are no issues.

May you please help me or walk-me through on the steps I need to take to get past this issue.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best Regards,

Dumi
amirtai

Post by amirtai »

Hi there

I'm not sure the module you are trying to access is certified with IE7 and Vista. You could try workarounds below:

Open I.E. 7 > Tools > Manager Add-ons > Enable or Disable Add-ons
Take add-ons currently loaded in I.E. in drop down.

Disable all those which not really required. You may have to try enable disable combinations to find out which is causing the problem. Disable Windows Live Sign-in Helper. In addition to this make sure your current home page is blank.

If it's working fine with IE6 on XP then you could try to install IE tab plug-ins in Firefox and it should be working fine with Vista as well.

Note: Please check your Jinitiator version as well it looks like you didn't installed the same version that's installed in your application server (jre 1.5 or higher could work). If you've multpile Jinitiator installed then remove them through control panel.

Regards
Amir
dunzz2001

Post by dunzz2001 »

Thank you for your help. I will follow your direction and let you know of the status so that other people that may run into the same problem will know the work-around.

Best Regards,

Dumi