Depreciation Method

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
SANAT

Depreciation Method

Post by SANAT »

Hi All
I am using Digressive Depreciation method.The rules of this method is at first case we have to calculate the Diminishing Balance depreciation Method based on the formula provided and then compare with the Straight-line method. When the Diminishing Balance method amount figure fall below the Straight-line method amount figure then we have to change the formula.Here two formula with me.
Can any one pl suggest how this calculation will happen in standard depreciation method?

Thanks
kishanbussa

Post by kishanbussa »

[quote]Hi All
I am using Digressive Depreciation method.The rules of this method is at first case we have to calculate the Diminishing Balance depreciation Method based on the formula provided and then compare with the Straight-line method. When the Diminishing Balance method amount figure fall below the Straight-line method amount figure then we have to change the formula.Here two formula with me.
Can any one pl suggest how this calculation will happen in standard depreciation method?

Thanks

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by SANAT
kishanbussa

Post by kishanbussa »

[quote]Hi All

Thanks

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by SANAT
kishanbussa

Post by kishanbussa »

Hi,

If you need a few depreciation methods, calculate %ge manually and use table menthod instead of using formula or % ge of depreciation method. Otherwise Customization

Regards
Kishan
kishanbussa

Post by kishanbussa »

Hi,

If you need a few depreciation methods, calculate %ge manually and use table menthod instead of using formula or % ge of depreciation method. Otherwise Customization

Regards
Kishan
SANAT

Post by SANAT »

Hi
Thanks for your reply.I tried in standard but i didn't get any output as per my calculation.So i want from you guys is this types of calculation is possible in standard or i need any customization.

Thanks