Question on Sourcing Rule

Purchasing & Inventory forum can be used to discuss all features/issues related to Oracle Purchasing & Inventory.
saroapps@gmail.com

Question on Sourcing Rule

Post by saroapps@gmail.com »

Dear All,

I have an Item in which it has 2 approved supplier A and B.

A has 50 allocation and Rank as 1 and B has 50% allocation and Rank as 2. When I call this item in requisition, it will supplier who is available in second line is coming as supplier in requisition.

Can anyone tell on what basis this has come? If possible, explain more about allocation and rank which is available in sourcing rule form.

Regards,

Saravanan R
edmattu

Post by edmattu »

If you have 2 supplier only then set as bellow

Supplier A ===Rank 1 ==50
Supplier B===Rank 1 ==50 (Not Rank 2)

That is for total allocation should be 100 for a Rank.This is for Planning purpose.

Regards
saroapps@gmail.com

Post by saroapps@gmail.com »

Hi,

My question is which supplier will be defaulted in requisition if allocation and rank is same for both the suppier.

Whether supplier A or B?

Regards

Saravanan R
shankhaghosh123

Post by shankhaghosh123 »

Saravanan

I will explain with a scenario where in there are two suppliers with the same allocation percentage of 50% and rank is 1 for both suppliers, even then there shall only one release created in case of Purchase Order/blanket release,And the release that shall be created is against the first record as there is an orderby clause.
For eg: Supplier Allocation Rank
A 50 1
B 50 1
Thus the release that shall be created is against the Supplier A as per the
Example.
Purchasing never makes use of the Sourcing rule to divide between SUPPLIER even the extent of a scenario where in the allocation and the rank is the same between the two suppliers. It shall still pick up the first record in the sourcing rule if the case is such.
MRP makes use of the Sourcing rule to split releases based on the suppliers rank,allocation,capacity and order modifier in the same sequence.
Purchasing never makes use of the Sourcing rule to divide the releases between suppliers.

Hope the explanation helps in understanding the functionality.

Best Regards
Shankha Ghosh