R12 payment accouting status shows Processing

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
AmanKhan

R12 payment accouting status shows Processing

Post by AmanKhan »

HI

In R12 , when we make payments & create online final accounting then some of the payments are showing the Accounted status as
"Partial" and when we submit create accounting program then its status change to "Proccessing" instead of Processed & it generate accounting as well but exception report shows payment as unaccounted and we are unable to close period

Plz provide your suggestions and comments to resolve the issue.

Thanks,
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

Hi Aman,
I would do the following checks :

1) First, check whether the invoice is accounted or not. As a rule payable creates accounting for invoices first only then the accounting is done for payments, but at times when the create accounting program is run for all (invoices and payments), invoice might not get accounted completely resulting in payments also not getting accounted...
2) Check error reported by created accounting program, since in r12, the errors are displayed with detail reasoning in the pdf format
3) Verify whether this issue is only with this payment or with every payment , if it it for only this payment, then there are chances of data corruption.... if the issue is with all payments accounting, then you need to be updated with the patches released by oracle time and again.
4) Check the status of the accounting event from the back end. That is the status of accounting event is stored in XLA_EVENTS table, where we have two columns called Event status code and process status code, both these columns must have the value as "P", if not then they are incomplete (if it is incomplete u will have I or U as values)

Regards
Karthikeyan
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

HI Karthikeyan,

Thanks for your valuable comments.

I have checked above four possibilities mentioned by you.

Issue is currently with Void or Cancel payments. If payment is canceled then its status is either partial or processing but invoice is accounted and if payment is voided and new payment is made then payment status is partial with invoice accounting also shows partial.

I cudnt find event id for payment in XLA_Events table ....

Thanks,
oracleapps1983

Post by oracleapps1983 »

Hi Aman

Please ensure that SLA for Canceled Invoices is Done. I.e Created Accounting Event for Canceled Invoice.

Regards
ORacleapps1983
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

Please ensure that SLA for Canceled Invoices is Done. I.e Created Accounting Event for Canceled Invoice.
Plz explain how ?

Create Accounting program is unable to account those payments.

thanks,
oracleapps1983

Post by oracleapps1983 »

There are Events in Cash Management Creates Journal Entries when you Run Create Accounting.

For Even Reconciled Transaction Pls Create Accounting Event. So When you run it will Create Journal Entry in Sub-ledger.

Creating Sub-ledger Accounting Method is Purely Functional Work who knows Accounting knowledge.

Refer to Karthikeyan Document for Subledger he gave

Regards
ORacleapps1983
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

Sub-ledger accounting report shows that all payments are accounted but exception report lists these payments as unaccounted.

Issue is not yet resolved.

thanks,
niletra

Post by niletra »

Dear Aman

Have you solve this Problem
I am also facing a same error.

Thanks

Niletra
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

Can you guys provide me the APlist or Invoice data collection diagnostics output for the payment, let me check if i can help based on that....
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

HI,

I got different datafix from Oracle for these payments as in one case we have changed status from Partial to Process or in other case we deleted invoice from the system. Still i m waiting for one more fix as DEV is working on it.

Regards,