AR Autoinvoice interface errors

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
sameetpatel18

AR Autoinvoice interface errors

Post by sameetpatel18 »

Hi,
I am Sameet

i'm getting some errors while doing auto-invoice in Account Receivables.

Can i get the solution for it.

For Example:

1.Unable to derive a gl date for your transaction. Please ensure that your transaction is in a gl period which you have defined.

2.Tax code must be active, adhoc, and of type VAT or SALES TAX.

3.The valid values for credit method for accounting rule are: PRORATE, LIFO and UNIT.

4.The document created must have a non-positive total amount because the creation sign for your transaction type is Negative.

5.The total amount of your credit memo cannot exceed the balance of the debit item it is crediting.

6.The credit memo was not selected for receipt handling because an adjustment or a chargeback exists against the invoice.

7.The credit memo was not selected for receipt handling because an on-account credit memo application exists against the invoice.

8.You cannot over apply this transaction.

Or can someone tell me where to find the solution for it or have some solution for it ???

Sameet Patel S
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

Please check Metalink, all your issues are known issues only nothing new.
sameetpatel18

Post by sameetpatel18 »

The given solutions in the metalink are the only solutions or we have any think more then that.
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

Individuals thought process can never be restricted .... however before starting the thought process, it is more advised to check whether it is product defect (bug) or an intended functionality, then later use your thought process to determine the logic behind it ....
gabba4

Post by gabba4 »

hi,
when the periods are not open in ar and gl
check the periods are open or not.
tridol25

Post by tridol25 »

Hi Sameet,

For Point No.4 the error is due to the sign created in the invoice. while defining a transaction type, the creation sign might have been selected as Positive Sign and the System might have generated a negative sign and vice versa. in this case the system will complete the autoinvoice program with error status.If you create a transaction type with creation type selected as any sign, then the error can be avoided