Payables R12

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
sree02.oracle

Payables R12

Post by sree02.oracle »

Version R12
Instance PROD/TEST =
Module? =
OS? =

Hi Team,

I've a case it need to be setup in applications R12.
Can anyone share the solution or how to configure in the appln?
Case as follows " Company takes loan and issues Post dated cheques for the equal months"
company is going for financials, projects and S and D modules.

Thanks in Advance..
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

Dear Sree,

Frankly speaking i have no idea on this, however the feature of Future Dated Payments covers the aspect of Post Dated Cheques.
The maximum setups one requires is to have a bank account that support future dated payments.
Then shedule the payments for the future dates, as and when your load holders encashes the cheque, bank will release the payment, and you will come to know about it during reconciliation process.
I am not sure about any additional steps such as running special concurrent programs is required or not. However i request you to read the Future Dated Payments feature and setups related to it in detail from the user guide and make an attempt in the test or vision instance.
How it actually works is what matters the most, than what has been written ...

Regards,
Karthikeyan
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

If you are looking for issuing PDC cheques, then future dated payment functionality in AP will suffice. If you want rich loan functionality, then you can explore oracle loan module.

Cheers,
Saravanan