Journal line description

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
kommineni7

Journal line description

Post by kommineni7 »

Hi all,

Normally at GL lines, we will see the standard descripiton - "Journal Import Created".

my doubts over here is..

it is the indeded functionality of oracle? For all journals it will generate the standard description or is there any other way we can change this standard descripiton?

For example, if we are transfering from payables to GL, at line level in journal, i need to see trax number or supplier name etc? Is that possible ?

what are the set ups which will contral the Journal line description?

Thanks,
Venkatesh
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello Venkatesh.

From AP to GL, are you tranferring in Detail or Summary?

Octavio
markiv24

Post by markiv24 »

Using SLA you can modify journal line description.
Niranjan

Post by Niranjan »

Hi Venkat, This is Niranjan Chillakuru

I have some solution for ur problem.,

Navigate to Payables

(1)Define Journal Line Description in Accoounting setup.

We need to copy the existing setup and do the changes accordingly.

By Clicking on conditions you can get the options.

Setup/Accounting setups/Sub ledger Accounting Setups/Accounting Method Builder/Journal Definition of Journal Entry Descriptions.

(2) Nav:- Setup/Accounting setups/Sub ledger Accounting Setups/Accounting Method Builder/Journal Definition of Journal Line Type

Define Journal Line type. in the main form enable Enable Details Option under Transfer to GL Block.

(3) Navigate Application Accounting Definitions

Query With application.,

Click on Journal Line definition., Copy the existing definition and create new one.

Add ur customized/Newly defined one.

(4) Define Custom SLA Method.
Navigate to Application Accounting Definition.

Select the Application and find it Copy the Acc method then add ur newly defined Journal line definition.

(5) Finally navigate to acc set manger in GL add this new acc method to ur ledger.

Regards
Niranjan Kumar Chillakuru
kommineni7

Post by kommineni7 »

Hi Niranjan,

Thanks for your clarificiaton..

But i am looking for solution in 11.5.10.2.. is there any way we can get the details liks supplier number/invoice numer in the jounral line descriptions.

we are tranfering to gl indetail mode..

Thanks,
Venkatesh
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

Dear Venkatesh,

You can get the details from GL_JE_LINES table has columns named as REFERENCE_1 onwards, which captures the subledger information be it AP, AR etc ... You can fetch the same from back end. The Reference columns captures data only if you transfer in detail mode.

Regards,
Karthikeyan
kommineni7

Post by kommineni7 »

Hi Karthik,

Thanks for you clarificaiton..

That menas, from fron end, in Journal line description fileds, if we trnafered in detailed mode also, we will see only standard description like "Jounral Import Created". (11i).

Is there any way , we can display the supplier name/invoice number/customer name or number in jounral line description.
Thanks,
Venkatesh
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

Dear Venkatesh,

11i does not allow you to change it. You can only run reports or fetch from back end directly.
Please run "Account Analysis Report with subledger detail", this report will show the details of subledgers also.
One can customize this report, as per thier needs

Regards,
Karthikeyan