FA merged queue

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
Gabi87

FA merged queue

Post by Gabi87 »

Hello Everybody,

I would like to create assets through Project module. I have created the asset, assigned it to an asset line, and transfered it to FA modul.
When I go to Prepare mass addition sreen, the queue of the new mass addition lines are Merged. It sholud be New or On hold, shouldn't it.
I cannot modify anything in Prepare mass addition view.
Can anybody help me? I guess I commit an error when I create the asset, but I don't know what. (I have checked the amortize adjustment checkbox. Can it has effect to this queue problem?)

Thank you in advance!
Gabi87

Post by Gabi87 »

I would revise my question a bit. In prepare mass addition view there is two lines to one asset. One line is POST, but the amount is 0. The other line is MERGED with the correct amount. The asset name is the same in the two lines. Is it normal? (I would like to create a simple asset, nothing special)

And beside this I have another problem. How can I modify the useful life before I post the asset (in PA, or FA)? (I can modify it in case of a posted asset, in asset workbench (books button) but I wolud like to do it before posting)

Thank you ever so much!
admin

Post by admin »

This is standard functionality,

"You run the Interface Assets process to send asset lines from Oracle Projects to Oracle Assets. This process merges the asset lines into one mass addition line for each asset. The mass addition line appears in the Prepare Mass Additions Summary window in Oracle Assets as a merged parent with a cost amount of zero and a status of MERGED. The line description is identical to the description of the supplier invoice expenditure item in Oracle Projects."

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18727_01/doc ... 188100.htm