Prepayment Balances Up load

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
EMANUEL

Prepayment Balances Up load

Post by EMANUEL »

HI,

Please let me know how to migrate the Prepayment Balances (Advances to employees and Advance to suppliers) in Payables Sub ledger since these are already paid thru Bank/Cash. Which account should we hit for a Debit and Credit during Data Migration of such balances so that all the accounts get the right picture in Payables Sub ledger and GL

Rgds
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

All the unapplied prepayment invoice details should be migrated to oracle apps and then make payment for these prepayment invoices.

I prefer to follow the below method.

1. Create dummy accounts for all the open transactions like Open Transaction Expense, Open Transaction Liability, Open Transaction Bank Account.
2. Upload the open transactions with the above accounts.
3. Create accounting and Transfer to GL
4. Post the JVs
5. Reverse all the subledger JVs
6. Upload the actual trial balance in GL and post the JV
7. Inactivate the dummy accounts.

All the dummy accounts would get reversed and the balance will be zero. The trial balance accounts uploaded in GL will have the actual balances.

Before uploading the open transactions, make sure that the debtors/creditors balance are tallying with the corresponding trial balance account balances.

Cheers,
Saravanan TG
rangareddy.apps

Post by rangareddy.apps »

All the Dummy Accounts will get reversed and why cant we use the actual accounts instead of creating the act dummy clearing account

Thanks
Kumar
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

What is the use of using actual accounts? Any advantage?

If you use fewer accounts exclusively for open transactions,
1. It will easy to prepare the data (You don't need to worry about which account for which transaction)
2. All the open transactions can be easily identified.
3. No need of reconciliation with GL balances

Cheers,
Saravanan TG
benny

Post by benny »

Hi Saravanan,

What is the use of us transfering the Subledger JVs to GL and reversing them? Instead cant we use a Transactions type with the Post to GL box unchecked and let the Transactions remain in AR itself.

Could you explain on this in more detail.

Thanks for your helpful contribution towards this thread.

Rgrds
Ben[?]
rangareddy.apps

Post by rangareddy.apps »

Please enter the required value for the Address Line 1 segment in the Check Address flexfield

1) I created an Employeee as supplier
and created an Invoice and paid also but while run the crate accounting
getting the error called - Please enter the required value for the Address Line 1 segment in the Check Address flexfield

i am facing this issue from payables modules please guide on this issue

Thanks
Reddy
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

Ben: You have an option in AR not to transfer to GL. You can also follow the method suggested by you. This option is not available in other modules. Hence we can not follow this method across modules.

Another point is that during the end of the implementation, the relationship between the client and the implementation team will not be that good compared to the initial days (There may be few exceptions). Hence if there is any difference in the actual balance between the subledger and the General Ledger, they may also doubt the opening balance and open transactions uploaded by the implementation team. So overall, I prefer to go for exclusive accounts for open transactions.

Cheers,
Saravanan TG
benny

Post by benny »

Hi Saravanan,

This a valid point that you have given and I agree with you. Thanks for clarifying my doubt.

Have a nice day....

Rgds
Ben[?]
Racle11i

Post by Racle11i »

Hi Reddy,

you mentioned you created employee as a supplier,while you doing this,have you filled in the address , in site level, in address line 1,
double check it and save it.

i hope your prob will be rectified with this..

Rgds,

Racle11i.
NAYEEMJAVID

Post by NAYEEMJAVID »

Hi Reddy, did u got the fix for the below Issue u r facing, If yes please share it with me, i am also facing the sme in Payables while doing payment for an Invoice.

"Please enter the required value for the Address Line1 segment in the check Address flexfield"

Thanks and Regards,
NJ