ORACLE GL

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
cnubandi

ORACLE GL

Post by cnubandi »

HAI FRIENDS,

CAN ANY ONE TELL ME ABOUT<font color="red"> DOCUMENT SEQUENCE </font id="red"> IN ORACLE GENERAL LEDGER?

THANKS

[:X]
REGARDS,
CNUBANDI
admin

Post by admin »

Pl download the Financial document from the Tutorial section. Thanks
sonipriya99

Post by sonipriya99 »

PLZ FIND THE FOLLOWING LINK WHERE YOU CAN GET DOUCUMENT SEQ

http://orafinguide.googlepages.com

THANKS
GK

[quote]HAI FRIENDS,

CAN ANY ONE TELL ME ABOUT<font color="red"> DOCUMENT SEQUENCE </font id="red"> IN ORACLE GENERAL LEDGER?

THANKS

[:X]
REGARDS,
CNUBANDI

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by cnubandi
dileepkumar

Post by dileepkumar »

go to sysadmin then go to navigation profile system set the profile option sequential numbering then go to application->document->definethem go yo application->document->categoty then go to application->document->assign
Murthyoracle

Post by Murthyoracle »

Hi,
Document Sequence is unique option to identify the transactions with in Financials. This can be operated with GL and Sys admin also. Document Sequence is nothing but it will assign a unique number to your transaction other than any number given by user. This option will be used for Audit purpose. If any trasaction deleted , by using Sequene number you can track the record. Document Sequence will work basing on SOBs. For using document Sequence, First u should define sequence and next assign the document sequence for particular Category. Next in Sysadmin , in profile option , in responsibility assign the profile option: " Sequential Number" Fully or Partially.
Go through the Oracle User guide.

If any suggestions navigate me.