3 Issues of oracle payables plz help me.

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
Hadi

3 Issues of oracle payables plz help me.

Post by Hadi »

Hi,

This is syed I have 3 issues in payables in 11.5.2 version please any body help me to find solutions for this problems.

1. EU02:- The journal entry is unbalanced and suspense posting
is not allowed in this set of books in payables in (Apps 11.5.2).
[ I have checked the Suspense is enable in SOB still getting above problem i.e EUO2].

2.EC12:- The entered amount must equal the accounted amount in a
functional or STAT currency journal line in payables.

3. 3. In payables
APP.SQLAP-10741:The period cannot be closed because there are accounting entries that have not been
transferred to GL you must run the payables
transfer to GL program before you can close the period

regards,

syed.
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

<font face="Arial">For your Issue
1. EU02:- The journal entry is unbalanced and suspense posting
is not allowed in this set of books in payables in (Apps 11.5.2).
[ I have checked the Suspense is enable in SOB still getting above problem i.e EUO2].

The Journal Import Execution Report displays the EU02 error and a difference between total DR and CR, Check whether there is no difference between debit and credit amounts in the data of the table GL_INTERFACE for this batch.

<b><font color="blue">Solution

In the GL_INTERFACE table, you just need to enter the amounts in the
entered_dr and entered_cr columns, without any negative signs.

After removing the negative sign from the credits in the GL_INTERFACE table, the journal import ran successfully.</font id="Arial"></font id="blue"></b>
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

Hi,
for your below query, can you pls post the details of the invoices and payments what have you done???

2.EC12:- The entered amount must equal the accounted amount in a
functional or STAT currency journal line in payables.

Are you using Multiple Currency - Invoice in one Currency and payment in another currency ???

Correct GL interface amounts: Journal > Import > Correct
Query up the record using the group id or error code.
Under the journal lines block, Review and Correct amounts in error.

Thanks,
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

<b><font face="Verdana"><font color="brown">For the below given issue - run the payables transfer to gl Program as there are some accounting entries that are to be transferred to GL.
</font id="brown"></font id="Verdana"></b>
3. In payables
APP.SQLAP-10741:The period cannot be closed because there are accounting entries that have not been
transferred to GL you must run the payables
transfer to GL program before you can close the period
Hadi

Post by Hadi »

Thank you UMA for giving kind reply.

1. EUO2:- first thing in my first problem i.e journal unbalanced suspense posting not allowed it is
showing primary correct amount and coming to MRC it is showing wrong with the above error without
posting MRC amount in suspense. My boss dont want suspense a/c posting every time for unbalance entries
can we restrict user to post unbalance amount without going to suspense automatically.
one more thing it is showing invoice status CANCEL and Distribution amount ZERO in this transaction.

2. EC12:- The entered amount must equal the accounted amount in a
functional or STAT currency journal line in payables.we are using MRC if we are using MRC in this transaction what should be the process and if we are not using MRC what we have to do

expecting kind reply from you.

regards,

Hadi Bin Sayeed.
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

Hi,
For EUO2 - if the amount is not correct, then it will go to the suspense only, if not Correct the MRC amount and try.

for the issue EC12 :- You will be defining the rates na ! ! !

Even for this you have to correct it @ journal Level.

Otherwise wait for some more idea's from others.....
vijayasarathyr

Post by vijayasarathyr »

Hi,

For the first problem, if your suspense account is enabled in SOB, please check if you have the suspense account code defined in yoru COA values and the same is defined in SOB also.

Next, If the multiple reporting currency is enabled in payables and the realsied gain or loss account is defined, the system should automatically calculate the difference (if any) between the Invoice exchange rate and the payment exchange rate. This entry will be created automatically by the system once u do the create accounting for both your invoice and payment. Preferably you give this realised gain or loss also in the bank setup though this does not have any effect to your problem.

Finally, When you tried to close the AP period, there are entries left out to be posted to GL. You have two options for this:

1. Run Payables Accounting Process and Payables Transfer to General Ledger to transfer all pending entries.

2. Close the period after Sweeping the remaining entries to next period.

You can opt according to the management's accounting policy.

Hope this is helpful.