Bank Account default by pay group?

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
luckykiriti

Bank Account default by pay group?

Post by luckykiriti »

Hi gurus,

I have a urgent requirement-Bank account details need to be defaulted by pay group.
Client has many banks but the requirement is when a particular paygroup is selected bank accounts related to those pay group (specific to OU) need to be displayed (restricting the user to use banks not related to his OU).

I know a customization need to be done for this. Just want to know wht all imp areas to be considered for this.

Appreciate your early help.

Thanks,
Kiriti V[:)]
abhgaur@gmail.com

Post by abhgaur@gmail.com »

From your description i think .. your requirment is you have bank accounts specific pay groups and you want to run payments by pay groups.

Is that correct ? .. if its correct then i think you need to ensure that invoices should have paygroups correctly stamped and whenever you run payment batch ensure Paygroup is specified.

On customization : Please advise which version of oracle you are expecting this feature.

Thnx
luckykiriti

Post by luckykiriti »

Thanks Abhgaur,

We r in EBS: 11.5.10 version.

Could you suggest some points that need to be considered for this customization.

Thanks,
Kiriti V
Jayasree

Post by Jayasree »

Hi Kirthi,

Like Abhgaur mentioned while creating invoices customer can group invoices by providing 'Pay group' and when you make payment batch,
after mentioning the bank details , mention the Paygroup and all invoices having this would be selected for payment.

But if the customer wants to restrict the use of a particular bank account only if a particular Paygroup is selected , then may be you have to do a customized validation through CUSTOM.pll , by which after the user enter the Paygroup, system will check if that particular bank account is used and raise an error message or pass it based on the condition mentioned.

Try to understand customer's requirement in more detail. Restricting the user from using bank accounts belonging to other OU can be done
by defining and assigning responsibilities properly.

Hope this helps..
Rgds,
Jayasree
anjan123

Post by anjan123 »

Hi Kirity,

As per my knowledge we cannot do anycustomization for payments, because there is no interface or API to do those customization.

If you find any solution to customize please suggest me too.

Regards
Anjan