ASL and Sourcing rule

Purchasing & Inventory forum can be used to discuss all features/issues related to Oracle Purchasing & Inventory.
Nivant

ASL and Sourcing rule

Post by Nivant »

What is the difference between ASL and Sourcing rule
Saran

Post by Saran »

Hi,

ASL is used to restrict the list of suppliers from whom you can purchase an material.

Sourcing Rule is used to source the PO to suppliers based on percentage defined for each of them.

For Ex: Item A can be purchased from Suppliers A, B , C by ASL meaning they are the approved suppliers for the ITEM A.

Sourcing Rule is sourcing the MRP recommendations of ITEM A to Suppliers A & B 50% each, meaning if MRP Recommends 100 quantities two PO will be created of 50 quantity for Supplier A & B.

You cannot place a PO from Suppliers other than A, B C because of definition of ASL. Likewise you can define Sourcing Rule only among Suppliers A,B & C.

Thnaks,

Saran
Nivant

Post by Nivant »

Hello Saran,
I have an item for which both sourcing rules and ASL's have been setup. Whenever i raise a PO i am able to get it approved when i use a supplier who is not in ASL and sourcing rules. If that is the case what is the use functionality of ASL and Sourcing rules

Thanks , Nivant