Order Source Types

Here post Oracle Order Management related topics.
anu_uma

Order Source Types

Post by anu_uma »

Hi All,

Can any one explain the steps in involved in working with the Source Type External and Internal?

TIA
SIVAKUMAR_G

Post by SIVAKUMAR_G »

Hi

The Order Source Type Internal is used for Normal Sales Order and where the Goods are received in the Inventory and shipment is made.

The Order Source Type of External is used for Drop Shipment where in the Goods are delivered to your Customer from the Supplier Godown directly to your Customer Godown without the Goods are received at your inventory

Refer Metalink Note ID 168083.1
MANUFACTURING / DISTRIBUTION ORDER MANAGEMENT/ SIMPLE DROP SHIP

Hope this helps

Regards
Sivakumar
ahmadbilal

Post by ahmadbilal »

Thanks Mr. Sivakumar for giving out such a good information.

But I have one Q.

There is <b>shipping source type </b> on Order Management Transaction Type (Shipping tab) and on Item master Creation Screen (Order management Tab) there is also <b> Default So Source Type </b> what I guess both are same. I want to know which one is prioritized during order entry
dipti1102

Post by dipti1102 »

Hi All,

As per my knowledge, One can set priority for Source type in defaulting Rules.(setup> rules> defaulting

Generally if the source type is defined in both transaction type and in Item master creation Screen (Order Management tab) then the system would default the source type from transaction type which is prioritized over the Item master Creation Screen source typr (Order management Tab).