purchasing need by date

Purchasing & Inventory forum can be used to discuss all features/issues related to Oracle Purchasing & Inventory.
karthik

purchasing need by date

Post by karthik »

Hi,

This is regarding a doubt in need by date. For example i am a buyer and my job is to convert the purchase requisition into purchase order. An requestor intimates me that he wants the need by date to be changed for a particular purchase order because he haven't still recieved the goods from the supplier, but he is keeping on recieving receipts as per the need by date.

here my doubt is whether the receipt will be generated by the system automatically once the need by date is reached if so then how a receipt will be generated ?
arun1203

Post by arun1203 »

Hi Karthik,

Are you using Master Scheduling/MRP planned items?
Please explain in detail about the modules you are using.

<font color="blue"><i><b>Best Regards & Thanks,
Arun Reddy[:)]</b></i></font id="blue">
divakerp

Post by divakerp »

Dear Karthik,
I hope you are using I-procurement, You can change the need by date in the Purchase Order, But if the Purchase order is autocreated from Requisition, you will be receiving the mails to receive the goods based on the old date that was given in the Requisition but not the amended date in Purchase Order.

The receipt never be generated by the system, But we will be getting the receipt notification mails based on the need by date to receive the goods.

The receipt will be generated upon receiving the goods but system generated.

Hope you are satisfied with my solution. Please let me know for further clarifications.

Thanks
Diwakar Babu