Questions about responsibility

In this forum Oracle Applications DBA's, System Administrators & Developers can share their knowledge/issues.
lukman

Questions about responsibility

Post by lukman »

Hi, I'd some questions about responsibility, please help me.

When we use system administrator responsibility and navigate to security > responsibility > define there's Application field with some values we can choose and Responsibility Key field. Those 2 fields must be filled to create new responsibility.

My questions are :
1. What is the function of those 2 fields?
2. When I create a responsibility, to which application should I give? Will there be a problem if I choose wrong application?
3. In responsibility key field, if the key is not unique will I get notify?

I already searched in metalink, otn and oracle docs but still couldn't find the answer. All that I can find is only in Oracle Applications System Administrator's Guide - Security page 4-20 or 72 of 146. Hope I'm not missing anything when I read. Thanks.
ahmadbilal

Post by ahmadbilal »

responsibility Key is basically used for Uniqueness of responsibility data.you can change responsibility name but you can never change responsibility matrix as this will be grayed out after saving responsibility for the first time

There should be a standard naming convention for this.
SIVAKUMAR_G

Post by SIVAKUMAR_G »

Hi

From the Oracle Help Files

Application

This application name does not prevent the user of this responsibility from accessing other applications' forms and functions if you define the menu to access other applications.

Example asI understand, In the Menu of Accounts Receivables if you attach some OM Forms still you will be able to access those Forms

Responsibility Key

This is a unique name for a responsibility that is used by loader programs. Loaders are concurrent programs used to "load" such information as messages, user profiles and user profile values into your Oracle Applications tables. To help ensure that your responsibility key is unique throughout your system, begin each Responsibility Key name with the application short name associated with this responsibility.

Example as I understand, it clearly indiates it is used for Data Loader programmes

Hope this helps

Regards
Sivakumar
lukman

Post by lukman »

Hi Sivakumar,

Thanks for your reply, looks like we read the same docs :P but still I don't get the picture

[quote]Hi

From the Oracle Help Files

Example asI understand, In the Menu of Accounts Receivables if you attach some OM Forms still you will be able to access those Forms

Regards
Sivakumar

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by SIVAKUMAR_G
SIVAKUMAR_G

Post by SIVAKUMAR_G »

Hi

As you understand even for standard Menus of Receivables, you can attach OM Parameters Function and view the same in Receivables Responsibility. But actually OM Parameter as a Function is owned by Order Management application.

Hope this clarifies

Regards
Sivakumar