Where does MSP Report pull the data from ?

Purchasing & Inventory forum can be used to discuss all features/issues related to Oracle Purchasing & Inventory.
amrithkiran

Where does MSP Report pull the data from ?

Post by amrithkiran »

Hi,

I run MSP Report every month for various entities in my Project. Am new to INV Module. In this Report, for many Items, the Weights and ICNs ( Commodity Codes ) are missing . So, we get the ICNs for these Items from a 3rd party by paying money.

I'ld like to know if i can have Complete data in this MSP report, i.e without any missing data. Each Movement ID, Items associated with it should have Weight, ICN, without being blank in Oracle MSP Report.

I feel that, if the Invoice, PO contain Weight, ICN as mandatory fields, then, there is no chance that this data will be missed in the MSP Report.
So, can we customize the Invoice and PO forms ??

Also, i wona know who determines the ICN ( Commodity Code ) for an Item. Is it the Seller or the Buyer ???

When an Item is defined in Item Master, how is an ICN related to it is Defined ??

Does the System automatically decide an ICN to that Item ( by using some predefined logic etc ) or does the Buyer or Seller decide the ICN and we have to enter it manually in Oracle Item Master ???

Plz answer my question , if there is any INV expert here.

Thanks

Kiran

mail : amrithkiran@yahoo.com
Aditi

Post by Aditi »

Hi Kiran,

I dont know about the MPS, but the Commodity Code can be defined under Inventory Setup(Inventory -- Setup -- Items -- Customer Item Commodity Code) and its only for the items which is tied to the Customer Item. I mean is for which you have defined a Customer Item relationship.

Also weight is not a mandatory field when you defining a Item in Item Master.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Aditi