Payroll Proration Not Working...

Oracle Human Resource (Core HR), Payroll, Time & Labor, Self Service HR, Advance Benefit, Talent Management (Performance Management, Competency Management, Performance Appraisal, Goal Management), iRecruitment, Compensation Workbench
shahzad_aijaz

Payroll Proration Not Working...

Post by shahzad_aijaz »

I have created an element of 'Basic Salary' and linked it with an organization. I have a 'Payroll' type fast formula that calculates the proration of amount if an employee is hired mid-period. I've assigned this formula to the Basic Salary element through 'Formula Results'.

I enter an employee and its assignment in the system on lets say 20th of a month and assign him the 'Payroll' and the 'Salary Basis'. I create his salary through 'Salary' Button on assignment form (lets say Rs 30,000). When I view the 'Element Entries', I can see the Basic Salary element with a defaulted value of 30,000.

Now when I run the payroll, the results shows me the default value (30,000) and not the prorated value (i.e. 10,000 for 10 days in this case).

Can anyone help me out on this??

Thankyou
cstewart

Post by cstewart »

I'm not sure how payroll works in your legislation, in the UK legislation, if you have event groups defined, two input values to the basic pay fast formula will be populated: prorate_start and prorate_end but if you don't have these input values (like back in the bad 10.7/11.0.3 days) you will need to check if ASG_LAST_PROC_PERIOD_NUMBER was defaulted (this means that the assignment has never been processed in a run). If it was then compare the start date of the assignment or the basic pay element entry to the start date of the pay period and if less, work out the number of days to pay from from the start date of the assignment to the end of the pay period.

As far as I know Oracle does not do any of this stuff automatically, you have to do it yourself in fast formula. If you drop me a line, i'll send you an example for the UK legislation (too long to include here).