HR Self Service & Core

Oracle Human Resource (Core HR), Payroll, Time & Labor, Self Service HR, Advance Benefit, Talent Management (Performance Management, Competency Management, Performance Appraisal, Goal Management), iRecruitment, Compensation Workbench
paromita

HR Self Service & Core

Post by paromita »

Can u tell me something regarding HR Self Service and HR Core?
vijayskand

Post by vijayskand »

Hi Paromita

Core HR is the module where we can maintain the entire employee data management, absence management, salary administration, etc. additionally we can also do the setups related to the company such as maintaining the jobs..positions...grades..etc..

Self Service HR is the web based module where any employee of the organization can maintain his or her personal data...apply leave through online..raise any kind of requests..maintain competencies..view their payslip online...etc..

Let me know if you still need any further information. You can buzz me on vijay.hrms@gmail.com

Regards

Vijay Skand
admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
The concept of self service is to reduce the work force (staff) of HR department so there should be web based forms and employees can open and insert/update these using an internet browser. Each employee will be able to update his/her own so restricted. Like if the address is changed then employee should update it directly instead of visiting HR and requesting to do so.

Now think if salary increase or promotion is included in the self service (wow I would like this feature and hope Oracle will introduce in next coming releases hahahhaa), then every employee would be updating it on regular basis. So here the core HR will play the role and will keep this with them.

Let me give you another example iProcurement in which you as buyer input the order which will be saved in the supplier database. So supplier has reduced an employee who was supposed to enter this information.

Let us know if still any further query.

Thanks
paromita

Post by paromita »

thanks a ton!