How to Update a Paid Invoice

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
anu_uma

How to Update a Paid Invoice

Post by anu_uma »

Hi all,

How to update a paid invoice which is transferred to GL also?

Let me tell u with an eg. we booked one invoice which was complete in all aspect and paid too in system, but lateron we come to know that some code is wrong and we should correct that (presently we are correcting the same in GL, by doing that there is no track of correction in AP where the actual entry takes place) for this we need this to be sorted out at the earliest

Regards,
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

Hi All,

There is an option to make changes to a paid invoices by enabling the option Allow adjustments to Paid invoices in the Payables Option.

Have any one used this, this will help us to make changes to a paid invoices.

Regards,
Um
P_MANMOHAN

Post by P_MANMOHAN »

Hi,
It is not possible to make changes in only GL. Coz it wont show any effect in AP. For this u need to Void the payment and make changes in the invoice and then transfer it to GL.

If u reconcile that payment in Cash Management first u need to Unreconcile that then void the payment and insert line r changes in the invoice and then reconcile the payment then run auto accounting master program by giving parameter transfer to GL Yes.

Without doing this sys wont allow u to make payment to particular invoice twice until u get the amount back from ur supplier.

Allow adjustment to paid invoice is possible only when u not reconcile the payment and before trasfering the inovice to GL.

Any questions regarding the same :)
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

Hi,

I have tried by enabling the Allow Adjustments to paid invoices - to an invoice which is paid and transferred to GL also.

It allows me to do the changes and do the accounting.

I have done it in test instance. Before doing the same test in Test instances.

Regards
ramu.parepalli

Post by ramu.parepalli »

Hi Team,

If you want to make adjustments to the Paid Invoices. In Payable Options in Invoice Tab Page Allow Adjustment to Paid Invoices must be Enabled.

The Goto distribution line of the Invoice, Reverse the Distribution Line, when you reverse the distribution a negative distribution line with the above code combination will come with current GL Date.

Now enter the correct distribution line code, Validate and Create Accounting for the Same.

Now the Problem is solved.

Regards
Ram