Entering Invoice in AR

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
vangala.jpreddy

Entering Invoice in AR

Post by vangala.jpreddy »

Hi

Scenario : If we enter invoice in AR we also entered items, Price, Taxes and saved the invoice (Invoice entered with complete information).

Now let me know will this invoice show any impact on Inventory.

Thanks in advance.
Jayaprakash.[:)]
seneeraj

Post by seneeraj »

Yes, It will reduce the item you selected in transaction window as soon as it is complted.

Neeraj Bhatia
vangala.jpreddy

Mr.Neeraj,

Thank you for your reply.

According to your reply. Receivables transactions affect to Inventory. In that case why should we implement Order Management module. Is there any advantages by implementing OM Module.

Jayaprakash.
ramesh.nalem

Post by ramesh.nalem »

Hi Reddy,

Order Management is the intermediatory between the Oracle Inventory and AR . In OM you will raise sales Order, but you will not manfacture the Item.

When you raise a order from OM, automatically the Inventory item quantity will be decreased and by using the Sales Order number the invoice will be created in AR by running the Auto Invoice Master Program/Manually.

so there is indirect relationship between AR and Inventory.
ahsan.global

Post by ahsan.global »

Agree with Ramesh...Inventory holds FG info. Auto process from AR reduces FG lnventory levels.
If you are implementing only AR (inventory not included) than only item info qty, UOM is captured by AR, but now it's a manual process. don't have effect on inventory.
vangala.jpreddy

Thank you Ahsan,

That is what I have expected. Now I satisfy with your answar.

The question asked in Genpact Interview.

Regars,
Jayaprakash.