difference of 11i and r12

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
bnvsudhakar

difference of 11i and r12

Post by bnvsudhakar »

Hi,

any differences of 11i and r12. which is more functinality?

regards
sudhakar
Shashi_k

Post by Shashi_k »

Hi Sudhakar,

There is huge list of changes in R12 when we compare it with 11i instead i call them as new concepts all together. Here is a small list of new concepts pertained to GL.

1) Accounting Setup manager: which facilitates us to define various things like Primary ledger, Secondary Ledger, Operating Units, Legal Entity etc.

2) Data Access Set: Which is used to restrict user from accessing data related given ledgers (Read/wright access)

3) MOAC: Multi Org Access Control which gives facility to a user to access data of multi operating units with in the business group or different business group.

4)SLA: Sub Ledger Accounting which is a rule based accounting system, which facilitate user how he wants Journal entries to be, like splinting of journal entries of the liability account based on the departments etc.

5)Management Segment Qualifier: This is used for reporting purpose.
There are many more as such, the above is just a list of Important new features.

I appreciate if anyone adds more points to the above list.

Regards,
Shashi.
admin

Post by admin »