Posting of Journals- Operating unit wise

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
n_subeer

Posting of Journals- Operating unit wise

Post by n_subeer »

Hi,

We are posting the journal in one particular OU which is assigned for us and others whose from another OU also posting the journals in our OU

What we have to do to prevent from others posting and how to achieve this

Also, AP PERIOD CLOSE EXCEPTION REPORT shows the exception list for all the OUs even i run the cuncurrent from one particular OU

Thanks
Ahamed
P_MANMOHAN

Post by P_MANMOHAN »

Hi,

First can check whether u have assigned HR:Secutiry Profile option for all ur responsibility. Coz it is going work as firewall, that people from one OU is not able to see the data of other OU.

If it is assigned, I will let u know other alternative solution.
SIVAKUMAR_G

Post by SIVAKUMAR_G »

Hi

First of all on all your Questionnaires, Please put in your application version to respond issues properly.

As I understand there is no way you can prevent this upto 11.5.10

You can set security rules which will prevent data creation in Subledger and account inquiry in GL level to view the data of other operating unit.

There is no way to stop posting of Journals from one user belong to one OU can post the other OU journals.

I am not sure about R12 as I have not explored much on the
HR: Security Profiles.

Hope this helps

Regards
Sivakumar
P_MANMOHAN

Post by P_MANMOHAN »

Hi Sivakumar,

Do u mean to say HR:Secutiry Profile is no way related to this OU issue.
ksribhas

Post by ksribhas »

Hi,

In R11i, this is not possible as GL does not go by operating Unit. As far as R12 is concerned it should be possible with a bit of set up like Data Access Sets and security profiles. What the data access set does is giving read/write access to certain balancing segment values to a particular responsibility ( ledger). In that way the person cannot see the data coming from a particular OU nor post it. The security profile determines what all OU's a particular person can access and transact in.
So in effect security Profile would work at the Subledger level and data access at the GL Level. In R12 also GL is not OU specific.
pinnaka.financial

Post by pinnaka.financial »

hi,
ahmed

This is as per my best of knowledge
if u r OU and the other OU are sharing the same set of books and chart of accounts.It is not possible.Because the other operating unit also share the same set of books

When u r runnng PAYABLES EXCEPTIONS REPORT first u have close the other operating unit set of books.

if u have any other way plz send to me

by
satyanarayana.p