Issue regarding SOB

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
swapnika

Issue regarding SOB

Post by swapnika »

Wht do u mean by having 8 SOB?s only?does it mean that the company can have only 8 levels of hierarchy in accessing.

What is the use of having different legal entities though the company is operating from single country.

Lets say I hav a corporate office and 3 manufacturing units in different parts of the country...my hierarchy is Controller> Manager>Accountant>Assistant?so how many SOB's I hav..

What are the support issues we have for AP/AR closing periods?plz write the questions and answers as well
swapnika

Post by swapnika »

Can some throw some light on my queries plz...
pinnaka.financial

Post by pinnaka.financial »

hi,
8 reporting sob means

u can attach 8 reporting set of books to one primary set of books

u have different operating units in various countries then each ****y haveoneleegal entity

leegal entity is nothing but set of books.

if u have different operating units inthe same country then u can only one leegal entity(sob)
cnubandi

Post by cnubandi »

Hi ,

Please Clear what do you want Exatly?
You are mixing all the Functionality(SOB,LE and Position hierarchy)
sri.financials

Post by sri.financials »

Hi friends,

I am new to this forum. But I will try to answer about this question.

8 SOBs means 8 reporting SOBs.

According to my opinion Legal entity is reporting entity to government.
I am using ur example. Corporate Office, 3 manufacturing units.

Case-1
If the company wants to maintain & report accounts information individually for 3 manufacturing units then we can assign 3 SOBs.
Case-2
If any change in accounting structure or calendar or currency then maintain individual SOBs for three manufacturing Units.

Case-3
If 3 manufacturing units are maintaining same structure, currency & calendar and they didn?t want to maintain accounts information individual units then no need to maintain 3 SOBs, one SOB is sufficient to this structure.

Here no need to create reporting SOBs, because here units all are within the country.

If any mistakes in this, please excuse and tell me.

Thanks
Sri.