Picking 7 M serilaized item cuse problem in OM

Here post Oracle Order Management related topics.
tabubakr

Picking 7 M serilaized item cuse problem in OM

Post by tabubakr »

Hi,
We are using Oracle Order management to seal Mobile scratching cards (vouchers) as a lot / and serial controlled.
We receive and pick more than 7000,000 cards daily, and because of this huge number of daily transactions the system performance is unable to work with.
It tacks more than 23 hours to auto pick one order with 200,000 cards!!
I know this because the item is serial control and the transactions in the data base will be one line for every single item/lot/serial number.
Is there any solution for this problem to deal with serialization with this huge number of transactions?
Anybody face the same problem before and how he did solve it?
Thanks
Ritz

Post by Ritz »

1. If possible try exploring oracle WMS with Oracle MSCA.

or

2. Try doing transactions in lots.

Ritz
tabubakr

Post by tabubakr »

how wms &MSC will help in this issue can you send me the way i shoud setup the pick rule and i my going to track the cards with serial as it required?
thanks for your help in advance
Ritz

Post by Ritz »

WMS permits you to do LPN based operations , provided all your operations are standard in nature.

So say you can create a LPN which contains 5000 cards. Use MSCA to scan each card and store - which card belongs to which LPN. Once this is done , when ever you move/transact the LPN , the system automatically moves all the 5000 cards contained in the LPN. For eg - If you want to move 5000 cards from inv to staging , all you need to do is to move that 1 LPN from inv to staging. So all this will happen in one single transaction to save time. MSCA will need to scan LPN numbers and card numbers - one time activity.

You can define any picking rule based on biz requirement.

Its a big subject so everything may not be clear.

Ritz
tabubakr

Post by tabubakr »

Thanks for your replying, but i my going to setup the item as a seriale controled item?
and if i issue the items with only LPN number to customer can i trace it by card serial number?
thanks again andwaiting fro your feed back