Tax Exemption AP R12

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
k.khan

Tax Exemption AP R12

Post by k.khan »

Hi
few of our supplier are exempted from withholding tax for around 6 month,in the exemption tax window only a particular invoice can be exempted from WHT tax,Is there any work around of it

thanks
k.khan

Post by k.khan »

Hi
By entering the exemption certificate WHT tax is exempted from that perticular tax which we have entered as exempted but even though by entering that exemption certificate with that specific tax code it is appearing inLOV and on entering that tax code it is behaving in the same way as other
k.khan

Post by k.khan »

hi
can any body tell me that the question i have ask is the functionality of oracle or not bcoz i am continously doing RnD over it but in vain
gethaseeb

Post by gethaseeb »

if you attached the tax group (by mistake) on the invoice and dont need to cut the tax...

u can go on tax exemption certificate window and select the supplier...

after that click on exception tab and enter the invoice no. which u need to be a tax exempted
k.khan

Post by k.khan »

My question is if a supplier is exempted from a WHT from 1-jul-07 to 30-june-08 any invoice entered in this period will be exempted from WHT and the need of doing this that if some body by mistake try to record tax system will stop him ffrom doing this secondly i want to maintain the record of supplier exempted from tax.Removing tax group is not solution so as other services are subject to tax....now u got it