AP R12

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
k.khan

AP R12

Post by k.khan »

hi all
1-in some department there is a monthly limit of 750,000,we have to track this monthly limit and can not make payment in excess of this now how we will track this limit.
2-in oracle payment how we can want make future dated payment?
3-is there any work around available to see the balance of the bank in ap or in cm(ce) after making payment.
k.khan

Post by k.khan »

1-In oracle payments manger(R12.0.4)it is giving error define internal bank account and attach payment process profile with the documents
2-In formatting mode it struck what i have to do in next activity
3-any body describe me the step for making smooth payments through payments manager.
4-there are many new feilds introduced in R12 from where can i have the explaination of these.
5-what is the use of payment process profile option...what is the purpose of introducing it in R12
muskan

Post by muskan »

yes it is possible in the R12.0.4 that u can see the balance of bank in CE(CM),if you attach this function with AP user he will also have the right to see it but remember this balance is not real(actual)balance but ur other questions are very tricky,regarding explaination of feilds u wont find it in documents same is the case with oracle payment manager
k.khan

Post by k.khan »

thanks muskan.
regarding the monthly limits can we use DFF with some development..any body who have idea regarding this plz share same is the case with employee reimbursement that they also have limits and each time we have to check manually
I am still looking for steps through which we can make smooth payment from oracle payment manager???
admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
1- DFF's are only to record info for reporting purposes not for validations/checks.
2- You should purchase Oracle iExpenses to meet your requirements.

or develop an application outside EBS and manage your checks there.

Thanks
k.khan

Post by k.khan »

thanks Admin but iexpense is currently out of scope and being a consultant we have to provide the best we can within EBS and in a company where daily reimbursement is more than 200 its a headache for AP user to varify the limits therefore we r struggling to provide any workaround..as they(client) are in nasent state they can not go for each module in a go that why....even though thanks alot for ur reply,if u have any knowledge regarding payment manager share with us
thanks alot once again
muskan

Post by muskan »

hi
you can control the petty cash limits through from personalisation,ask ur technical team they will provide u this solution, our technical team has tested it and soon they will apply it on prod.
k.khan

Post by k.khan »

thanks muskan..
in payment manager i got struck ,the invoice is selected for payment..
where as payment manager is giving error
1-null
2-ORA-20001: in Package IBY_DISBURSE_UI_API_PUB_PKG Procedure IBY_DISBURSE_UI_API_PUB_PKG.mark_all_pmts_complete