Moving Assets from one Operating Unit to other OU

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
kishorebhupati

Moving Assets from one Operating Unit to other OU

Post by kishorebhupati »

Dear All,
My client was maintaing Assets in One operating Unit and they had added another Operating Unit, right now they want to move all the Assets being capitalized to newly added Operating Unit.
How this can be done? Need your opinions
cnubandi

Post by cnubandi »

Hi,

As Per my knowledge Assets Module Does not Support the Multi-Org Concept
sree02.oracle

Post by sree02.oracle »

Hi,

FA Register has to be at Legal Entity level and assigned to LE. so we can transfer assets from one OU to other OU within LE. Use 'Mass Tranfer' to transfer assets from one OU to another OU.

Sree..
kishorebhupati

Post by kishorebhupati »

Hi All,
As I said before change from one OU to another OU, right now they want to move from One Asset Register to another. Please elaborate the steps required to do this.
MasterPiece

Post by MasterPiece »

If you are using same assets book for both OU's your can use Mass transfer . Otherwise , I think you have to retire the assets in 1st book and add it to the other book manual .
kishorebhupati

Post by kishorebhupati »

Hi if i do the Mass transfer how can i differentiate between the Assets like to which OU they belong and if i choose the retire option it may result in to net gain or loss entries and agains Manual entry to new become is again tedious job. Any other solution which i can prefer.
MasterPiece

Post by MasterPiece »

Please detirmine , Are you using one assets book for all Operating units or each operating unit has it own book ?
ramu.parepalli

Post by ramu.parepalli »

Hi Kishore,

Also see whether change in Assignments of the Asset may serve your purpose.

Regards,
Ram
banutinku

Post by banutinku »

I depends upon your Multi Org structure. If you have two OU's where in assigned to same SOB then you can transfer in FA thru "Asset Transfer" or If your two OU's are assigned to diff. SOB then you cannot transfer.

Please correct me If Iam wrong.

Regards,
Bhanu