Restricting Transactions Based On Date

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
suryabpc

Restricting Transactions Based On Date

Post by suryabpc »

Hi All,

Here we are using monthly periods in calendar. my client sends all the financial reports for every 15 days to their US office. but after sending the reports on 15th he wants to restricts the application not to accept transactions which are before 15th till period closing, because he send the reports upto 15th to their US office.

Is there any option to restricts the transactions based on a cut-off date till the period closing.

Thanks for Advance..
admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
You have not specified modules as there is a profile of back date entries restriction but that is for Inventory, Purchasing. Now in Financials you can use forms personalization. Thanks
suryabpc

Post by suryabpc »

Hi Admin,

Thanks for your suggetion.

I want this restriction in all financial modules. Please tell me the profile which was used in Inventory, PO modules.

Rgds.
admin

Post by admin »

GMF: Maximum Days To Backdate Inventory Transactions
mohsinbaig

Post by mohsinbaig »

you can restrict users by aplying personalization on site, make your invoice date field read only, the Invoice date (system date will taken as invoice date by default) so no one can input the transaction in back date
chadha_gaurav

Post by chadha_gaurav »

suggest your client for a new calendar....
[:)]
Murthyoracle

Post by Murthyoracle »

Hi admin , can you explain me about this restriction concept and Peronalizatin concept in detail as i am not aware of these concepts.

Thanks and regards.