Control while running Payment batches in 11i

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
deepika_d2

Control while running Payment batches in 11i

Post by deepika_d2 »

Hi all,

I m the end user working on AP Module in oracle 11i i. how can i put a control like without selecting the paygroup field option we should not go ahead. Need help immediately As i have my clients sitting on head. It would be great if some one can email me on this issue. ( i did try to make it understandable)

Thank you all
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi Sir,

May be I couldn't understand your problem so please if you can explain the problem in details may be In Sha Allah can help you.

Thanks
Hisham
Murthyoracle

Post by Murthyoracle »

Hi Deepika,

As per my understading your requirement to resrict the PayGroup while generating Payment Batch. The thing is While running Payment Batch , the Pay Group option is available in the form but it is not mandatory field , it is only optional. Hence you want restirct the Paygroup , just don't enter any name in Pay Group field.

In Payment mandatory fields are Bank, Payble Document and Pay through date are only manadatory fields. If you are not going to select Pay Group , the functionality of the AP will be, it will select all pending invoices of all suppliers basing on the Pay through Date.

Here Pay through Date functionality is , it will act as Cut off Day for invoice payment in payment batch. If you give e.g. Pay throu date 20-6-2008 means , it will select the pending invoices which are to be paid to up to 20-6-2008.

Further Pay group can restrict in any stage, like Invoice Form, Payment Form and Payment Batch as it is not a mandatory field.

I hope this will help you , Further qurries and if any wrong my side please navigate me.
siva sankar

Post by siva sankar »

Hi,

Paygroup is not a mandatory field in payment batch,You can enter the bank account name and go ahead.

Thanks & Regards,

Siva