Need help regardig installation of 11i

In this forum Oracle Applications DBA's, System Administrators & Developers can share their knowledge/issues.
ssalipk

Need help regardig installation of 11i

Post by ssalipk »

Hi I am new to Oracle Application and I need to install 11.5.10.2 in my desktop computer with 3.0Ghz/250HD/2GB Ram , I just need to ask two questions first one is that sufficient hardware for testing purpose only and second I am installing it on 2000 server and XP Professional but installation finishes automatically after boot Strapping in the beginning of installation, same error is occurring on both OS. When I start again with -restart option it does same thing. I am not using stage instead I have downloaded it from edelivery and extract in my USB HD and starting from there. If any person solve this issue, kindly reply me , thanks in advance
admin

Post by admin »

Dear have you completed all pre-requisites. thanks
ssalipk

Post by ssalipk »

i have installed cygwin but could not install c++, is it necessary to install
babasoji

Post by babasoji »

Yeah i also have the same problem. couldn't get visual studio 2005 but install visual studio 2008. I installed cygwin but the bin folders does not have gcc and make. Can i used make 3.8 with cygwin if so how do i install make?
admin

Post by admin »

Installation on Linux and Windows covered in the document,

topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16
babasoji

Post by babasoji »

Hii, I have the documents you are talking about and i have done everything stated in the document except that i installed visual studio 2008 express instead of 2005 because i couldn't get it. Just want oto know whether this affect the installation in anyway.

Is there no log one check that might to a reason why the ninstallation is terminating.