supplier site Query

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
vasanthchegu

supplier site Query

Post by vasanthchegu »

Hi all,

I have the doubt about Supplier site. Can we define same Supplier site for difrrent Suppliers in Oracle it is used for to make single Check for diffrent Supliers and i want know the while defining Payment which supplier u can primerly consider,...
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi vasanthchegu

I think that you can define supplier site for different suppliers in oracle because each supplier has a number & id so when you define supplier site for each supplier, it take a supplier site id related to the supplier id you define.

You can use the same supplier in multi-organization in oracle application. but the different will be the site.

The site is used to determinate the location for example for the supplier. suppose you have a supplier & he has a lot of location or he working for many industries so when you want to payment the supplier which related to specific location or industry, you can choose the site.

You can add a lot of sites for each supplier & at least 1 site for each supplier.

Hope i can help you
Thanks
Hisham
Murthyoracle

Post by Murthyoracle »

Hi Vasanth,

the Way explanation given by Hisham is correct. You will have option select one site for another supplier.

regards.