GL - Recurring Journal entry

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
latha_bv

GL - Recurring Journal entry

Post by latha_bv »

Hi All,

I want to know how to define and generate Recurring journal for all 3 types i e standard, Skeleton, Standard or Formula?? Can some body help me with snapshot.

Thanks in advance.

Latha
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

Hi Latha,

Follow these steps to Enter a Recurring Journal Line:

1. Enter a Line number in the Line field.
2. Enter the Account you want Oracle General Ledger to update when you generate and post your recurring journals.
3. Enter an optional Line Description for the recurring entry line.
4. Enter a Formula for the line if this is a formula recurring entry. Otherwise, enter a standard amount for standard entries.
Note: Formulas are not entered for skeleton journal entries.
5. If you are not entering a formula, enter all remaining lines for your recurring journal entry.
6. Save your work.
7. Generate journals.
8. Review the journal for accuracy.
9. Post the journal entry.

Thanks,

Aman
latha_bv

Post by latha_bv »

Hi Aman,

Thanks for reply,

I have created offset a/c as 9999 for all 3 recurring journals. but when i review my recurring journal it show only std and formula journal with both dr and cr line. where as in skeleton journal review, it shows with only one line. It is not showing offset a/c. Can you explain me why it is so.

I appreciate your answer.

Best regards.

Latha.
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

Hi Latha,

The reason is simple as in skeleton we are not engage in any kind of calculation and offset account is used in calculations. I hope your prob. is solved now.

thanks,

AMAN