AR - Over due hold

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
nagaramesh

AR - Over due hold

Post by nagaramesh »

Dear frirnds

I hav an issue, My client is asking that all orders of customer should be put on hold automatically when any of his Outstnading Invoices exceeds the Over Due days(say 120 days). though that customer has enough Credit limit.
Jayasree

Post by Jayasree »

Hi Ramesh,

In OM, define the 'Credit Check Rules' in such a way that the
1. Include Open Receivables Balance check box is enabled and
2. Open Receivabl Days field has value 120 days.

So even if the customer has sufficient credit limit, but the open receivable balance has amounts exceeding 120 days, the credit check hold would be placed on Order during booking.

hope this helps
Jayasree
Jayasree

Post by Jayasree »

Also indicate the 'Maximum Days Past Due' as 120 , so that if any of the customer's invoice cross this aging days, the credit hold would be applied.
nagaramesh

Post by nagaramesh »

Hi Jaya sree,

Thaks 4 ur reply.. s i.e. perfect solution, I am trying on that one only...

I have a doubt these Open Receivable Days are calucating from the date of Invoice or from the date of terms expiry.....

regards
nagaramesh

[quote]Also indicate the 'Maximum Days Past Due' as 120 , so that if any of the customer's invoice cross this aging days, the credit hold would be applied.

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by Jayasree
Jayasree

Post by Jayasree »

Hi Nagaramesh,

Open receivable days is calculated in the same way as the balance calculation for the 'Customer Accounts' by AR.

It starts ticking from the invoice days. The moment it is due , it will become an open receivable with 1 day due.

And in your case when it becomes 120 days due , the credit hold would be applied.

Rgds,
Jayasree
nagaramesh

Post by nagaramesh »

Thank u Jaya sree,

but It is not work out in my client scenario, bcas they want to calculate open receivable from next month 1st day onwords. like if Invoice made to customer on 27th July'08 Open Receivable should start from Aug1st, i.e. what ever invoice made during the month should calculate from next month 1st day onwords for this our technical team developed one script.

Cheers
nagaramesh

[quote]Hi Nagaramesh,

Open receivable days is calculated in the same way as the balance calculation for the 'Customer Accounts' by AR.

It starts ticking from the invoice days. The moment it is due , it will become an open receivable with 1 day due.

And in your case when it becomes 120 days due , the credit hold would be applied.

Rgds,
Jayasree

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by Jayasree