how to create a new LE and OU

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
pradip_m

how to create a new LE and OU

Post by pradip_m »

Dear all,
I need some urgent help regarding the implementation of Oracle E Business Suite for our 2nd Operating Unit. Pls help me in mentioning the steps to be followed for that.
We have already implemented successfully at our 1st Operating Unit for the modules like
GL, AP,AR Inventory, BOM, WIP ,Purchasing and Order Management.
We are using India Localization, version 11.5.9.
I am explaining the steps what was done for the 1st Operating Unit.

1) Created the Location for the Inventory organization in the location screen as well as Global master and local master for Master Inventory Organization.
2) Created Business Group under the create organization screen. In that under the organization classification we have attached Business group and HR organization.
3) Created Legal entity and attached The SOB and VAT registration Number. named it as ****1 corporate organization(Master Inventory organization).
In the same form under organization classification we have added the Operating unit and Inventory organization means to say that legal entity, Operating unit and Master Inventory Organization shares the same name.
4) Created the respective Inventory Organization for the Operating Unit .attached Inventory Organization under organization classification.

Now to start off with my new Operating Unit 2 what are the steps I need to follow I suppose
a) I need to create the separate SOB and Legal entity lets name it as ****2 corporate organization(Master Inventory organization).
b)A separate Operating Unit.
Now can I name the both LE and OU as same as we did for the 1st OU
c) Do I have to create one more Master Inventory Organization for the 2nd Operating Unit. If not then what is the alternative steps.
In My existing Business group the two OU?s have to be brought under( with one already there one more has to be configured)

Pls help me with the set of steps to be followed for that

Thanks a Lot for future suggestions
Regards,
Pradip
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

Hi,

Please download the Manuals and try the same...

Regards,
Uma
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

HI Pradip,

If u r using R12 then u can setup OU using ASM in GL or Org form in HR (11i only) and then run replicate seed data program from sys admin and new OU will be available for new setup..

U don't need to define new SOB or LE or MIO as u mentioned u want only new OU.
Read some material on Multi-org structure then ur concept will be clear.

thanks,

Aman
oracleapps1983

Post by oracleapps1983 »

Hi pradip may i know what is requirement clearly do u want to create seperate sob to the 2nd operting unit. Yes you can define seperate SOb for that but when u come to R12 the concept is changing so please let me know on what version you are working
joythomas

Post by joythomas »

Pradip
Would you please explain your requirement in detail , why you are going for another SOB. If your legal entity is the same and you are adding another division or an operation , it is better to create another operating unit under the same LE . One Legal entity can have 'n' number of operating units .

Even if more than one operating unit sharing the same SOB , still you can restrict the access all of your GL data by using Label security and flex field security rules

Here is a link for MO operating unit doc.

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/A994 ... ultorg.pdf

Let me know you need more info. If you have figured out what to do , pl reply with your solution, it will help other members too.

Thanks
Joy Thomas