Period opening error in AR

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
fun2chat

Period opening error in AR

Post by fun2chat »

Dear Sir,

I am new to oracle apps and am on training since last 20 days. Its really fun to work on apps. I am doing a self implementation using ERP stuff Guide, following all the steps. I finished with GL & AP and it worked and taught me really well. Now i have got stucked in AR.

Like mentioned in the guide i assigned AR responsibility, attached to the user, i attached organisation to the user also attached bussiness group in the organisation. Then i proceeded with Accouting Rules and it is not allowing me to attach the payment type. It says the period dosnt not exist. I even tried to open close the period but it is just not allowing me to view the periods.

Please help

Regards

KK
sonmyth

Post by sonmyth »

Hi,

If the period is not showing up in accounting rule, check if you have created an accounting or fiscal calendar as well check if the relevant periods are open in GL and AR (AR- under control- >accounting -> open /close periods.
fun2chat

Post by fun2chat »

thanks for replying