Critical Decision - Implementing HRMS & Payroll

Oracle Human Resource (Core HR), Payroll, Time & Labor, Self Service HR, Advance Benefit, Talent Management (Performance Management, Competency Management, Performance Appraisal, Goal Management), iRecruitment, Compensation Workbench
ibaloch

Critical Decision - Implementing HRMS & Payroll

Post by ibaloch »

Dear All,

I am not sure if this is the right forum for such type of question, but writing with hope to get some sincere advice from Apps Experts.

Well, I have been asked by my Manager, if we can implement Oracle Apps (HRMS and Payroll) modules ourselves in-house, without going to an Implementer (Due to Budgetary Constraints).

I have been asked if I can take this task and take lead on this.

I already have Oracle R12 test instance, which I installed last week. I have not done any Apps Implementation before.

Over the last one month or so I have spent considerable time and have put lot of effort understanding how initial setup is done for HRMS & Payroll (Business group, mandatory flexfields etc.). So far I dont think I know everything.

I followed various material I found over the net and the best one which I got from erpstuff. I created BG, Job, position, grade and other flexfields and did the initial setup on test instance.

I haven't touched the fast formula side. But will be start reading it soon.
Management is also willing to send me for any trainings which might be helpful in the implementation process.

Question:
1. I dont know what else is involved in the HR & Payroll Implemention.?

Can I or Should I take this task/responsibility.

Need your sincere advice. From my career point of view. It is a great opportunity for me. But at the same time lot of risk, as there are many unknowns for me.

Please advice.
Regards
Irfan
goyalmohit74

Post by goyalmohit74 »

well,this is a very tricky situation for you i understand...

here are few points you have to consider
1.) How large is your organization
2.) What Kind of automization is expected from implementing oracle EBS
3.) HRMS is ok you will be able to relate but in terms of payroll things can get really tricky ...it involves a lot of issues from implementation of company policies ,tax return filling etc..

In my opinion
Its better to hire a consultant and get a review done for company requirement and under his supervision you can decide whether you can take up this work or not

best of luck !!!!

There is always a hope for light after dark :)
alruwaished

Post by alruwaished »

Yes Dear you have a nice moation, go a head and any help I can do for you i am their to do with my best.
ibaloch

Post by ibaloch »

Thanks a lot for you response. Really appreciate.

Regards
IB

[quote]well,this is a very tricky situation for you i understand...

here are few points you have to consider
1.) How large is your organization
2.) What Kind of automization is expected from implementing oracle EBS
3.) HRMS is ok you will be able to relate but in terms of payroll things can get really tricky ...it involves a lot of issues from implementation of company policies ,tax return filling etc..

In my opinion
Its better to hire a consultant and get a review done for company requirement and under his supervision you can decide whether you can take up this work or not

best of luck !!!!

There is always a hope for light after dark :)

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by goyalmohit74
ibaloch

Post by ibaloch »

Jazak Allah Khair for you nice response.

Could you please highlight what tasks a Technical Consultant will have to perform during the Apps implementation. And which training should I take to cover the technical part as well.

Thanks Again
-IB

[quote]Yes Dear you have a nice moation, go a head and any help I can do for you i am their to do with my best.

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by alruwaished
admin

Post by admin »

People say "Consultants learn at client's cost" so better you learn at your own cost. The technical part is,

- Installation
- Patching
- Cloning
- Backup
- System Administration (defining users, responsibilities, printers, menus, reports)....
etc

My recommendation is that you should at least discuss with someone who already had implementation(s) in order to get a basic idea.

Thanks
ibaloch

Post by ibaloch »

Thanks Admin.

-IB

[quote]People say "Consultants learn at client's cost" so better you learn at your own cost. The technical part is,

- Installation
- Patching
- Cloning
- Backup
- System Administration (defining users, responsibilities, printers, menus, reports)....
etc

My recommendation is that you should at least discuss with someone who already had implementation(s) in order to get a basic idea.

Thanks

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by admin
sayed.najafali

Post by sayed.najafali »

People say "Consultants learn at client's cost" so better you learn at your own cost. The technical part is,

- Installation
- Patching
- Cloning
- Backup
etc

Thanks

Originally posted by admin - Nov 26 2008 : 7:21:28 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Country: United Arab Emirates ~ Posts: 4 ~ Member Since: Sep 30 2007 ~ Last Visit: Nov 29 2008 Alert Moderator

Dear the task listed above are done by DBA not a technical consultant
sathish_puttur

Post by sathish_puttur »

Hello,
Nice to say that we can Impliment Oracle HRMS easily but.....?

I would like to add few more things. To impliment HRMS Module you need to have full knowledge of Real HR, and form a small team of Real HR. They will be process owner.

You should know in depth knowledge of Oracle EBS. (HRMS & PAYROLL).

So my sincere Suggestion is that. if your company planning for in house implementaion. it is better to hire minimum of 3 guys including Tech Consultant. you lead them and get the things done.

you may face little problem in your company side " <b>well begun half done</b>"
you need to see how much your company is detremined to impliment HRMS. later company should not change the plan.

My reply may be demotivate you, still fact is fact. if you need any help mail me at <b>sathish_puttur@yahoo.com</b>
mhpkokgc

Post by mhpkokgc »

Dear IB,
It is possible but with great efforts ,time ane more people as implementation is team work.
Your organization should hire some one having implementation experience otherwise you will spend most of your time just to understand the problems then finding solutions.

Regards
Munawar
eng_ahmad_2007

Post by eng_ahmad_2007 »

Dear ibaloch,

I suggest your company to hire a consultant in order to save time and cost!
In a typical HR Implementation, you are expected to face a handful of prblems which you might spend considerable time working on it even if you are a good consultant.
Well, on the other side, you might be able to go on with the implementation of HRMS and not Payroll, and this is if the business of your company is not so complicated.
But anyways, you will have to read alot. And rememeber the saying: "Today a Reader, Tomorrow a Leader"...

If you need any help, feel free to contact me...

Best Regards,