WMS -WareHouse Management System

Purchasing & Inventory forum can be used to discuss all features/issues related to Oracle Purchasing & Inventory.
anu_uma

WMS -WareHouse Management System

Post by anu_uma »

Hi all,

Can any one explain me the modules that are involved in WMS Implementation....

Thanks,
Uma
Arshadimrany

Post by Arshadimrany »

I did not understand your query? May be all scm modules. warehoue mangement flow goes like this.

po--> grn--> putway--subinventory-->stock locator

SO--> Picking--> sub inventory-- ship confirm.
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

Hi Arshad,
Thanks for your reply....

Actually I want to know is there any other modules other than the normal PO,INV,OM - like oracle transportation and I heard there is a module called Oracle warehouse management itself....

Want to get clarified on what is WMS???? Is logistics comes under WMS????

Thanks
Arshadimrany

Post by Arshadimrany »

Oracle transportation do not comes under warehouse management. the existing oracle transportation is going to replaced by Glog Gc3, a software which deals with complete logistics.

Oracle warehouse management is a complete soultion of warhousing and Mobile supply chain planning, i does not deals with Transportation Management. But wms is a part of logistics interms of material handling and stroage...
arun1203

Post by arun1203 »

Hi Friends,

Iam not an expert in WMS.
This what I found from the standard Oracle Manuals about WMS which might be useful to you all.

<b>The Oracle Warehouse Management system (WMS) is a component of Oracle?s Supply Chain Management and Manufacturing solution. It spans the areas of warehouse resource management, warehouse configuration, task management, advanced pick methodologies, and value added services.

Oracle WMS optimizes the material handling business processes for
warehouses, manufacturing facilities, and distribution centers. Oracle WMS supports both paper-based and automated environments with material handling systems and radio frequency (RF) hand-held computers. To optimize the order fulfillment process, Oracle WMS provides advanced distribution processes, such as value-added services, cross docking, order assembly postponement, and resource and task management.

Oracle WMS also provides an easy-to-use interface for mobile, wireless hand-heldcomputers. Mobility, process automation, and bar code scanning greatly improve the efficiency of the Supply Chain Logistics business processes.</b>

<font color="blue"><b>Best Regards & Thanks,
Arun Reddy [:)]</b></font id="blue">
Arshadimrany

Post by Arshadimrany »

Hi Arun,

Can you share anyuseful material related to wms.

Thanks in advance.

Arshad
gexsfox

Post by gexsfox »

Hi WMS Gurus,

Need the steps to implement a WMS solution, will greatly appreciate your assistance.

Thanks in advanced

Gerry
shankhaghosh123

Post by shankhaghosh123 »

Hi Gerry ,

in my last implementation , they used WMS .Though there was seperate consultant for the same , the basic setup required making the Inventory org WMS Enabled while setting up. As far i can recollect the Pre Requsite setups includes
1. WMS Org
2. WMS Rules
3. WMS Cost Groups
All Matrial Handling needs to be handled through the responsibilty Warehouse Management User.
In addition of you use MSCA then Mobile Server needs to be additionally setup to enable transaction using Hand Held Devices

Not sure if the above info is enough for you to start with

Regards
Shankha