Read before posting...

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
SIVAKUMAR_G

Read before posting...

Post by SIVAKUMAR_G »

Dear All

I find Lot of issues getting posted asking for Oracle application Materials

Please note the following

Oracle Applications has the following Documentation

a) Oracle User Guide (PDF Files)
b) Oracle Implemenatation guide (PDF Files)

These two Documents you can get it by registering yourself in www.Oracle.com website under Documentation section

c) Oracle Student Guide: This is provided only to participants who pay the fees and attend training with Oracle University and not meant for sale. This contains sample lab exercises for set up and running
an application flow also.It is expected of the participant not to share this document with others for free.

d) Oracle Instructor Guides: This is one level above student guide with detailed explanation and test cases which is Oracle Internal and available only to Oracle Employees.

e) Oracle (eTRM) Technical Reference Manual: This is available only through Metalink which is the official website of Oracle. To get access to metalink you need to have Customer Support Identification Number (CSI)

www.metalink.oracle.com

Then comes the question how do I get CSI number?. It is given only to Customers who have purchased Oracle Software and not meant for public.

f) Test Scripts: Again this is Oracle Internal and you may get a few if you do google research.

<font color="red"><b>Note to all members:</b></font id="red"> Please do the following before posting any question

a) Post into the right forum like Financials & Purchasing etc.,

b) First Browse through the existing postings and check anybody else has posted same or similar issues. This reduces junk postings and the people responding also getting irritated to answer same questions repeatedly.

c) Do your own research before posting any issues. Do a Google search of what you want and then check the results before posting any issues.

d) Check the available resources what you have and see you can get the information before posting the issues.

e) Let us use this Forum for better knowledge sharing and not as a Junk website where people can post anything and trying to check are we getting any response from anybody.

f) I find some guys posting the same issues in every place, Financials, Purchasing, General etc.,

Please avoid this in future.

Hope you all agree with me

Thanks & Regards
Sivakumar
admin

Post by admin »

I really appreciate your point of view and effort. thanks
Upendra

Post by Upendra »

Really nice guidance. Everone should Appreciate him.

Upendra Donepudi
ramkic

Post by ramkic »

Nice job Sivakumar!
My two cents here: Please post your feeback once you have tried the solutions suggested by the members for your posting or issue. That's how one will know their solutions have resolved your issue, so other members make use of the solution.
Thanks
Best Regards
ramkic
pradeep

Post by pradeep »

Hi,
Good job,Please keep it up.
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

Hi Sivakumar,
After a long gap, I am accessing the site and surprised to see lot of appreciation for your Positive comments.

It's really a good job

it shows the spirit of the members too...... Good work ! ! Keep it up! !

As per Ramkic, I will also suggest members to post their solutions which will help the beginners/freshers.......

Good Wishes