Adjustment of Deposit Invoice

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
asdongre

Adjustment of Deposit Invoice

Post by asdongre »

I created one Deposit Invoice for Rs.10000/- against one customer and adjusted the same against one open invoice belonging to the same customer. If I make query on the Invoice there is an adjustment to the extent of Deposit Invoice for Rs.10000. On the other hand ,when I query the Deposit Invoice it still shows Outstanding balance. Please clarify
remideeps

Post by remideeps »

Hi

U will still have balance due until your customer pays that amount.Balance due is nothing but the amount due by the customer.When you apply an invoice against deposit, then ur invoice amount would have reduced by the deposit amount but balance due will be still showing there untill the customer pay that amount.

Rems
asdongre

Post by asdongre »

Hi Rems, Thanks for reply
But the query still remains. As you have mentioned correctly the balance is outstanding till the customer pays in full. When I query the Invoice in which the customer has paid the entire dues and the Deposit / Advance given is adjusted the balance outstanding is Nil. On the other hand the Invoice for Deposit remains unchanged i.e. it still shows an Outstanding balance. According to me after applying the Deposit against an open Invoice the Deposit should show the Nil balance. Please clarify
remideeps

Post by remideeps »

Hi

when the customer pays the amount you should appply the receipt against the deposit as wel to get the credit for the deposit.If you apply the receipt against the invoice only, then invoice amt would get affected ,not the deposit amount.Deposit would be still outstanding.So apply the receipt on deposit as well as the invoice.U could choose search and apply window for this.

Thanks
Remi
nandu

Post by nandu »

Hi

This is Nandu, just now i seen your discussions about Deposit.

Deposit Transaciton concept is same Prepayment Invoice concept in Payables.

1. Enter one Deposit Transaction & complete.
2. Take the receipt from customer & apply to Deposit Transaction.

so you got the money from your customer as Deposit.

3. Enter a normal transaction and enter the deposit number(commitment number) then your normal transaction will be "0" and your deposit transaction will be "0"

I think it will clear for you.

If you have any doubts regarding the above please notify me

thank u
asdongre

Post by asdongre »

Thanks Nandu for your help.
I have tried the same and found that after applying the Deposit Invoice to the Regular Invoice the balance becomes zero in Deposit Invoice.

However I am having question in the following situation
Deposit Invoice Amount : Rs.3000/-
Receipt Amount applied : Rs.3000/-
Invoice Amount : Rs.5000

I have applied Receipt to the deposit invoice and checked that the bal. is 'Nil ' in Deposit amount. Also I have applied the deposit invoice as Commitment in Regular Invoice and then the Invoice Balance has become Rs.2000/-

Now my question is that I have Rs.6000/- (Rs.3000+Rs.3000) received from the customer. The Invoice is raised for Rs.5000/- hence Rs.1000/- is Refundable to the customer. And the Invoice shows Rs.2000/- as outstanding balace. How to solve this ?